Ragda Patties – White Peas Curry With Potato Patties – Indian Fast Food
Chef Ruchi Bharani makes Ragda Patties a very popular chat recipe and a favourite fast food. A very filling and satisfying dish which can be served as evening snacks or at dinner. Learn how to cook this simple and easy to make quick homemade savory evening snacks!
For Curry: 1 cup White Peas 1 tbsp Oil 2 – 3 Cloves Cinnamon Pieces 1.4 tsp Asafoetida 1 small Onion Finely Chopped 1 Tomato Pulp 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder 1/2 tsp Garam Masala 1 & 1/2 cup Water Salt
For Garnishing: Date & Tamarind Chutney Coriander Mint Chutney Black Salt Cumin Seed Powder Red Chilli Powder Coriander Leaves Chopped Onions Crushed Pooris Gram Dal Sev Lime Juice
– Soak the the white peas for 6 -7 hrs and pressure cook it
– Heat 1 tbsp oil, add cloves, cinnamon pieces, asafoetida, onions and cook it till the onions are soft
– add tomato pulp, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and mix everything well till everything is cooked properly.
– Add the pressure cooked white pea and mix everything well
– Add water, salt and let the curry boil for 5 mins.
– Meanwhile in a bowl, take smashed potatoes, coriander leaves, ginger chilli paste, turmeric powder, salt, cornflour and mix everything well to make a dough.
– Apply oil in hands and take a generous amount of the dough and make flat balls out of it.
– Take the curry off the flame and heat some oil to roast the patties till nice brown colour on both the sides.
– Get them out once they are fried and plate it.
– Pour the curry on top of the patties.
– Add date & tamarind chutney, coriander mint chutney, black salt, cumin seed powder, red chilli powder, coriander leaves, chopped onions, crushed pooris, sev and lime juice and its ready to be served.